Wednesday, December 06, 2006

More Cherries

It's been great painting cherries and taking the time to realize what is so appealing about them. I think, besides the wonderful red colors, the stems are as important. It's the shape of the entire fruit and it's cast shadows that has captured my interest. Whether it's one cherry standing alone or a group, not intact, missing fruit, they create such great movement and appeal. This one is called Stems, (Cherry Series #6), 10" x 8", acrylic on canvas, gallery wrap, $150. My numbering system in this series is based on when I started it, not when I finished it... And as you can see I'm all over the place! This painting a day is a challenge, which at this moment I'm not meeting. None the less, it's been good fun. More cherries to come, I'm not bored yet. sold

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home