Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Painting: The View From Here



I've been painting but haven't been able to create a new piece each day. Life seems to get in the way too much and even when I finish a piece there's the photo taking to do. I tend to end my work at some ungodly hour and the sun itsn't out and my set up isn't right for photographing artwork in the house. Regardless of all my issues, I'm having fun since I'm painting most every day. For awhile there I was on a roll, doing smaller pieces and was truly loving it. Then I had to stop in order to do a commission, a portrait of a man. That took a few days and I concentrated on that piece only. It felt good since I used to paint the figure primarily. Once done I dropped it off, forgetting to photograph it. Not sure where my brain is when I do such things. Fortunately the gallery photographed it and I will retrieve the image and post it as well. In the meantime I have a number of finished pieces to show. Here's my landscape entitled, The View From Here, acrylic on canvas, linen liner with maple frame, 20"h x 48"w, $2,600.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home