Saturday, September 02, 2006

A Painting A Day by Ingrid: Getting Started


This is going to be the discipline that I so need, painting and posting a painting each day, with Saturday and Sunday being days of leisure. My hope is to produce one small piece, each day, and post it for sale.

In the meantime I thought I'd show you a painting I did within the last year that I am pleased with. This is my youngest dog Hachi, at 6 months. The title is Naughty Hachi, for obvious reasons she is naughty. Hachi is the Japanese word for the number eight. She has a figure 8 on her hip plus the number eight is good luck, thus the name seemed to fit. This piece is acrylic on canvas and sells for $3,000. I really don't want to sell it but one must eat and pay rent.

Hopefully by Monday I will have my first small piece up and on the market. Well, here we go, time to paint...

1 Comments:

At 4:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ingrid - hello is this Heiniken or Amstel maybe - are you Ingrid Manzione Saolano - if so you may remember me Patricia E (Judge) now Forker - from Milwaukee 1970's - if so - pattyellen1954@comcast.net - if so please respond - would love to talk with you again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home